Monday, August 28, 2017

MFT Adorable Elephants

Hello Friends,

Today I bring you a project near and dear to my heart.  My Uncle Joe has dementia. My mom suffered from dementia before we lost her.  They were the best brother and sister team.  My mom could tell some very funny stories sitting around the kitchen table with my Uncle Joe chiming in with his version of the story.

At any rate I wanted to make him a card just for him from just me.  I remember the time he took me and his daughter Yolanda to the movie "JAWS".  It was one of my fondest memories and I wanted to send him something special from my heart.  It's a shaker card hoping he'll get a kick out of the sound it makes.

I used MFT Adorable Elephants.  I must say it was difficult picking which adorable elephant to use.  I hope he gets as much joy out of it as I got making it for him.




I just received the best phone call.  My Uncle Joe called to say he got the card in the mail today.  It was the best gift to hear his voice say my name.

The Copics used were, C1, C3, C5, C7, R20 for the elephant, R27, B28, Y04, G17 for the kite.

As always thank you for stopping by my blog.  Another post coming soon.

Hugs,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping in. I appreciate your comments.
JR