Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wee Stamps Silver Fairy

Well everybody, I'm back.  My dad is home from the hospital and slowly improving.  My mom ended up having a procedure done his last day in the hospital and then she got to come home with him.  Yahoo.  I stayed the night with them the first couple of nights home because my dad was in so much pain.  Thank you to all who wished him well.

We've had three beautiful days in a row here.  We live in the middle of the desert and it gets quite hot here.  A typical summer day gets around 114 degrees or higher.  Which of course means our house is closed up tight and air conditioner running 24/7.  The last three days our house has been open, getting nice fresh air.  The temp has been in the low 80's.  We love it when fall finally arrives. 

My cats are so happy with the cooler temps that our male cat even came up on the bed to lay across my ankles last night.  Unfortunately my girl cat got jealous and chased him off the bed.  Mind you he is twice her size, but she let's him know who's boss.  Our two fur babies are Siamese litter mates.  She is a Blue Point named Buffy (The Vampire Slayer).  He is a Seal Point named Angel (The Vampire).  They are 9 years old and talk up a storm.

The card I have to share with you today is done with a digital image by Sylvia Zet of Wee Stamps.  The stamp is titled "Silver Fairy" and you can purchase this image here.  I just love her.  I first saw this image on Suzanne J. Deans YouTube video and fell in love with her.

 
I printed her a little on the large side so I had to make her into a 6 x 6 card.  As I've said, I'm using card stock and paper I've had on hand for a few years, trying to use things up. I used my corner rounder on her only, and left the mats all squared.


 

I used an EKSuccess flower punch, and a Fiskars small flower punch for the center of the flowers.  I then added Stickles to the center of the flowers, including the flowers on her head.

 
I colored her up in my Copics and submitted her as homework on my CMC Copic class 2.  The colors I used are, Skin - E000, E00, E21, R20 (cheeks).  Hair - E25, E31, E50.  Dress and wings - R81, R83, R85.  Flowers and bell - BG72, BG75.  Wrist and shin bands - E51, E57, E59.

Thank you for taking the time to stop in.  In my next post I'll "show & tell" you about some blog candy I just won.  Would appreciate comments.  Have a nice day.

JR

2 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous work Julie, especially with her wings. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! love how you've colored her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in. I appreciate your comments.
JR